Modern Slavery Statement
We are committed to understanding modern slavery risks and to improving our practices to combat slavery and human trafficking.
Our business and supply chains
We are a full service vehicle leasing business for the UK, with a core focus on Car Benefit schemes. In addition to Car Benefit schemes, our other main services are contract hire and fleet management services.
Our supply chain is primarily comprised of organisations within the UK. Our activities are undertaken in the UK and Ireland, and we do not operate directly outside of these countries.
Our policies and principles
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting our business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Anti-slavery policy. This policy sets out our stance on modern slavery and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.
- Recruitment policy – we operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees.
- Whistleblowing policy – we operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or about practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
- Environmental policy – we have a duty to ensure good environmental performance in all of our business operation and to provide the necessary organisation, commitment and training to fulfil this obligation, as set out in this policy.
Due diligence processes for slavery and human trafficking
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we have systems in place to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our supply chains.
- Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains.
- Protect whistle blowers
- As part of continuous improvement, this policy and our supply chain will constantly be reviewed
- Annual audits of this policy will be undertaken
Our effectiveness in combating slavery and human trafficking
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if:
- No reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified.
Approval for this statement
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the year ending 2018.